Apple juice / raspberry lemonade

Share your recipes and ask your beverage specific questions here.

Apple juice / raspberry lemonade

Postby dorian345 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:55 pm

Hello! just got my EZcaps on the weekend and started it 2 days ago, now my question

The apple juice recipe is working just fine and is fermenting properly, my raspberry lemonade mix juice is not? is it lack of yeast?(theres alot of it floating at the bottom) or is it lack of sugar? how can i get this process sped up? the raspberry lemonade juice does not seem to be fermenting at all

Thank you!
dorian345

Re: Apple juice / raspberry lemonade

Postby dorian345 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:21 pm

lol... all the yeast in the raspberry lemonade bottle turned very bright red and is just sitting at the bottom, looks like its all broken apart, but theres no co2 being produced, the bottle is still very squishy unlike the apple juice one i made, that one is rock hard
dorian345

Postby dorian345 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:04 pm

I added more sugar and some honey hope this helps it!
dorian345

Postby BaronRocco » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:46 am

What king of Raspberry lemonade are you using? There may be "too many" preservatives to promote a faster start.
BaronRocco

Postby dorian345 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:22 am

BaronRocco wrote:What king of Raspberry lemonade are you using? There may be "too many" preservatives to promote a faster start.

Its just a box'ed one that was in the fridge section of the grocery store, it was brought to room temp before i bottled it and put the yeast and sugar in...it seems like i waste if i dump the juice now...is there anyway to make this start fermenting? the honey and sugar hasnt done much and its been more then 12 hours now
dorian345

Postby dorian345 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:00 pm

WOW! the apple juice cider taste amazing and is beyond the carbonation amount i thought it would be, this is a serious drink! so happy i bought ez caps

thanks!!

now my raspberry lemonade was a fail but its ok i'll try other juices lol
dorian345

Postby ezcaps » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:24 pm

dorian345 wrote:WOW! the apple juice cider taste amazing and is beyond the carbonation amount i thought it would be, this is a serious drink! so happy i bought ez caps

thanks!!

now my raspberry lemonade was a fail but its ok i'll try other juices lol

When you have hard-to-start drinks it often helps to reuse the yeast from a previous batch. You'll have a multi-billion yeast cell "head start".
ezcaps
Site Admin

Return to Recipes and questions