Hole in cap

Hole in cap

Postby karli » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi
I was making EZCaps hard cider for the first time. Bottle was 90% filled or even less. 6 tsp of tablespoons of sugar, apple juice and the yeast.

And after 2 days of fermentation, when I came home I saw that there was a small hole in the middle of cap (in the bigger hole).

So I stopped fermentation, put it in snow for about 12 hours and tried it out, not really sweet.

Why it happened? How to avoid this happening? I'm about to make some red wine and I don't want this to happen again.

Please help fast
karli

Re: Hole in cap

Postby ezcaps » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:33 pm

From our "Frequently Asked Questions" at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6

Question #12a: My EZ Capped beverage is fermenting, and it looks like the EZ Cap is bulging and there is a slit in the middle of the EZ Cap. Is this normal?

Answer: Yes. The bulge is proof that the EZ Cap is maintaining the proper amount of pressure. When carbon dioxide needs to be released, it will exit through the slit.

Question #13b: There is the hole in the caps you sent ,there is the foam, rubber inside whatever you call it ,that cover the holes you drill in this caps. Now this start to crack and small hole show up like a cut ,hole on this rubber in the caps you sent and I try to use.

Answer: The "crack" is an important feature, not a problem. Please see answer #12a above.

Question #13c: You sent me a defective product! There is a crack in the center of cap!

Answer: The "crack" is an important feature, not a problem. Please see answer #12a above.

Question #13d: I received your product, but there is a break in the center of the cap and there is gas coming out of it. I want a refund for defective product.

Answer: The "break" is an important feature, not a problem. Please see answer #12a above.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Re: Hole in cap

Postby karli » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Oh thank you. Sorry I hadn't read the FAQ.
Will start making red wine now.
karli

Return to Cider