Length of time you can keep your wine in...

Share your recipes and ask your beverage specific questions here.

Length of time you can keep your wine in...

Postby kaution » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Hello-I just got my caps and I had a question pretaining to storing wine. How long can we house the liquid wine in a plastic 2 litre bottle? After clarifying I would transfer my wine into another container possibly another 2 litre. Is there a length of time that one can store them in plastic or should they go immediately into a glass bottle? It seems like it would be a okay way to store for a set amount of time.

Thanx in advance for any feedback.

T.
kaution

Re: Length of time you can keep your wine in...

Postby dopplebock » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:24 am

I personally try never to keep anything in plastic over 6 weeks. 16/22 oz swing tops rock!
dopplebock

Postby ezcaps » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:52 pm

kaution wrote:Hello-I just got my caps and I had a question pretaining to storing wine. How long can we house the liquid wine in a plastic 2 litre bottle? After clarifying I would transfer my wine into another container possibly another 2 litre. Is there a length of time that one can store them in plastic or should they go immediately into a glass bottle? It seems like it would be a okay way to store for a set amount of time.

Thanx in advance for any feedback.

T.

In my experience you can store it in plastic indefinitely. Of course, nothing sits around for more than a month or so in my house.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Postby mikemojc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:30 am

You can store the wine in the frig in plastics bottles indefinitely.
You can also drink it faster! :D
mikemojc

Return to Recipes and questions