For other uses of EZ Caps

Kombucha, Kefir, Compost Tea, and other uses for EZ Caps

For other uses of EZ Caps

Postby ezcaps » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:27 pm

Did you know people use EZ Caps to make a variety of other things such as kefir, kombucha, compost tea, apple cider vinegar, and others?

Here's a special forum just for those uses. If enough interest exists, I will make sub-forums dedicated for each specific use.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Re: For other uses of EZ Caps

Postby ElCastill » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:35 pm

For those of you out there that are not familiar with water kefir....well, you should be! It is a great way to make delicious sodas that are low calorie and full of probiotics. You can make any flavor you want and the "grains" that you use to ferment can be used over and over again, indefinitely. One problem that I see many people having to deal with is, on the second fermentation, to get a nicely carbonated drink, pressure has to build in the container. I've seen people using expensive equipment, special bottles, etc. Even then, there are many stories of having bottles explode. :o Another way around this is to remember to "burp" your bottles on occasion. Uh, not gonna happen....I will forget. The absolute, most perfect solution to this is the E-Z Caps! I can't believe how simple it is to brew up a nice, healthy, tasty, fizzy soda with these!!!! I'm in love with this product. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, I know I found this product for brewing...But there really is no better solution for getting the absolutely, deliciously fizzy drinks without worrying about having to clean a kitchen or refrigerator full of broken glass and juice.

Here are a few recipes for water kefir out there:
Add vanilla extract = cream soda
Add lemon juice = sparkling lemonade
Add grape, apple, cherry, pomegranate, etc = fruit soda
Add ginger = ginger ale

The possibilities are endless! And for you die-hard alcoholics....It does contain a slight bit of alcohol. You can ferment it even more to get it higher, but the second 24 hour fermentation is safe for kiddos. Oh! And for the "tree-huggers", you will be repurposing a 2 liter bottle that would otherwise end up...somewhere.
IMG_2382.JPG
Second fermentation with berry juice, ready to drink!
IMG_2382.JPG (75.76 KiB) Viewed 18707 times
Attachments
IMG_2289.JPG
Heading into second fermentation with prunes= (Dr. Pepper)
IMG_2289.JPG (90.54 KiB) Viewed 18707 times
ElCastill

Return to Other Uses For EZ Caps