Bottle Size

Here are all the old posts from the EZ Caps Yahoo Group

Bottle Size

Postby portage600 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi, i recently received my set of EZ CAPS. I very excited to start my new hobby. My question is, can I use 1 liter bottles? I want to experiment with different recipes on a small scale, then go to the 2 liter bottles if the recipes are a success. Also how much yeast should i add to it, a pinch?
portage600

Re: Bottle Size

Postby ezcaps » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:42 pm

portage600 wrote:Hi, i recently received my set of EZ CAPS. I very excited to start my new hobby. My question is, can I use 1 liter bottles? I want to experiment with different recipes on a small scale, then go to the 2 liter bottles if the recipes are a success. Also how much yeast should i add to it, a pinch?

The topic of alternative size bottles has been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2109&p=2615&hilit=bottle+size#p2615

In a nutshell,using the smaller size bottles will result in shorter fermentation time, however I would not reduce the amount of yeast in the recipe. You need enough to get the fermentation started and the smaller sized doesn't change that.
ezcaps
Site Admin

Re: Bottle Size

Postby Elonso » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:25 am

ezcaps wrote:
portage600 wrote:Hi, i recently received my set of EZ CAPS. I very excited to start my new hobby. My question is, can I use 1 liter bottles? I want to experiment with different recipes on a small scale, then go to the 2 liter bottles if the recipes are a success. Also how much yeast should i add to it, a pinch?

The topic of alternative size bottles has been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2109&p=2615&hilit=bottle+size#p2615

In a nutshell,using the smaller size bottles will result in shorter fermentation time, however I would not reduce the amount of yeast in the recipe. You need enough to get the fermentation started and the smaller sized doesn't change that.

Thanks you solve my problem :)
Elonso

Return to Archives